"How Can You Have Too Many Children? That's Like Saying You Have Too Many Flowers" ~ Mother Teresa

A Peek Into Our Hectic, Crazy & Loving Family of Eleven

~♥~

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Making A Change..One Reader At A Time

When I started writing this blog, it was to keep family and friends informed of the goings-on in our lives. I honestly didn't think I would keep it up this long. My grandma even said to me a few months ago 'Your still doing that blog thing?'

I surprised myself by liking 'the blog thing'.

I like writing. Alot. I always have. And I like sharing all the things I have learned about these past few years. And I like to brag about my kids. Who doesn't? I like to feel that I might be making a difference, even if it's just about something small. Even if one baby boy isn't circumcised because someone read my blog, if one more mama tries cloth diapers, if there are more people becoming informed before vaccinating their babies, if one more baby is breastfed. Even if I made someone think, or smile, or change something they have been wanting to change but didn't know how.

Today, I discovered another blog to read and follow. This man really makes me think. And smile. And think some more. This dad makes you look deeper inside of who and what you really are. This dad makes you believe he can change the world. One follower at a time.

Read his blog. Check it once a day. See if he's posted. You never know when what he writes this day will make a difference in your life. In your day this day, this hour, this minute. It's like a daily dose of LIFE. Read it with your morning coffee or read it at your babies naptime. Read it after your kids to bed. Read it and apply it to YOUR life. Let his writing make you think.


3 comments:

  1. Nikki- I recently found out we are expecting triplets. As I'm sure you can understand- I'm crazy trying to figure my life out. I have lots of practical things to ask you....would you mind perhaps emailing some time? I know you don't have a lot of time, but if I just knew someone who had been through this I think it would help. Right now I'm mostly terrified. We have a 2 year old and a 3 year old already. All I have heard so far is people who HAD triplets but then lost one some time along the way. That's GREAT for keeping my spirits up :(

    Hope to hear from you- Hillary
    hillaryfsmith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillary, CONGRATULATIONS!

    How about you email me? I'm more apt to answer that way so I don't forget :)

    Browse through my blog too. I started this before we were expecting the triplets so my pregnancy is montaged throughout here.

    I'm happy to answer any questions you may have :)

    My first piece of advice is to RELAX. Enjoy your pregnancy (as much as you can). I promise you, the pregnancy is the easy part. lol...Soon you will be holding 3 beautiful miracles :)

    nikmjnj at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'm going to link you to some fellow triplet mom bloggers :) That will keep your spirits up!

    ReplyDelete