"How Can You Have Too Many Children? That's Like Saying You Have Too Many Flowers" ~ Mother Teresa

A Peek Into Our Hectic, Crazy & Loving Family of Eleven

~♥~

Monday, March 5, 2012

So Much To Do

I thought it would be good to write while I was having a good day. I tend to write when I'm stressed, excited, overly exuberant or angry. I'm not sure what it is about those things that make me want to write. Writing is obviously an outlet for me. Which got me thinking. Maybe I should write. Really write. Like, a novel, or a book or an autobiography or something. Nobody has to read it, or like it but it might help some stress. One of my lovely blog readers, Hellena, has inspired me. She is a beautiful writer and such a beautiful person. I started reading her blog a few days ago and it's fantastic. I can lose myself in her thoughts and her words. So, I'm thinking I should start writing, or at least blogging more. I'm not sure I can blog as amazingly as she does, I'm not sure I'm ready to 'let loose' so to speak.

Hellena does and she is inspiring. That is on my list for sure. Oh yeah. My list. That is what I was intending to blog about today. I got distracted reading Hellenas' blog.

I have a list. I call it a 'Pre-Bucket List' because, even at 38, I just do not FEEL 38 (more like 25!) so I'm nowhere near ready for an official Bucket List. I'll wait until I am at least 40 for that. My list changes all.the.time too. I add to it, I take away, I put things on there that will more than likely never, ever happen. That should almost be a different list. My 'In Another Lifetime List'. I'll get to work on that. It will be fun to see how many of those I can move over to my 'Pre-Bucket List' and my 'Bucket List'

(another little secret about me, that you MAY have already figured out. I am a list maker. I make a list for EVERYTHING.)

My Pre-Bucket List (as of March 5th 2012 at 1pm, anyways)

Blog more
Write an autobiography
Write about my experiences with breastfeeding triplets
Write a novel
Get WAY better at photography
Play more
Try dog breeding
Backpack around another country
Buy an older VW Bug or Van and fix it up. By myself.
Relax often
Read more books
Become a gestational surrogate
Re-certify my CNA and work in a nursing home again
Bring the kids to a soup kitchen to help with meals
Bring the kids to a nursing home to visit with the elderly
Start one of the many photography projects that keep spinning around in my brain
Stencil my family room wall
Put hardwood floors in my home
Continue working on my patience
Finish my back tattoo
Get a few more tats (an owl and Jack & Sally)
Attend a rainbow gathering
Sew all my own clothing


*sigh*. That's all I can think of for now. I know I have more but the kiddos are starting to get crazy.



4 comments:

  1. You can be my surrogate, because I am never getting pregnant again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so incredibly honoured and plain ole stoked that you're digging my blog:) And that it's inspired you to write more bout your amazing life. I've been inspired by so many people in this grand old web, and you too of late! The thought of triplets going through toddlerhood boggles my mind...though hopefully yours are a bit better behaved than my twin boys!!!! And I love your list. I'm definitely a list and manifestation describer:) Love trying to fill in all the details of our dreams, which definitely involve travelling, and making clothes for us all, and getting tatoos, and all sorts of other things that you'd probably relate to:) So nice to connect with you over all these miles... Peace and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm new here but I was reading a few old posts (I nanny for a family with 5 under five including trips) and you completely inspire me! I'm not even a mom yet! But this post convinced me that I have to tell you about my yearly bucket list. I'll be 25 at the end of the year, so there are 25 things this year... 24 last year, 26 next year etc. I put it all on a word document, and change the color as I complete the tasks (I figure now it's about 2 a month, not so hard). I always do a few drastic ones that are expensive and require planning (skydive, take the doula certification classes, dance at my brother's wedding in Copenhagen). But for the most part it's all easy stuff. I also try to word them so they are more fun than "Go to niece's dance recital" so this year I put "Bring Larkin pink peonies". I also have... shoot a paintball gun, scary movie marathon with homemade treats, learn to paddleboard, learn to play cribbage from a child under ten, rock climbing with an old friend, buy something beautiful while antique shopping with my future sister-in-law, Get a picture of me holding one of the triplets while they touch a dolphin... There are more obviously, but that's just an idea. I also make them for the kids that I nanny for (Learn to walk, have a backwards sleepover, rollerskate to the park, tie dye my own shirt).

    Just thought you might like the idea! And you kids can do it too! I start at new years, but maybe the start of summer would make it more fun in your house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love your blog and amazed by you and your triplets! I have twins myself and writing a blog for bobafamily.com about babywearing and breastfeeding multiples and was wondering if I could use your picture of you tandem nursing with one baby on your back. I couldn't find your email to send a private message do I hope it's ok to ask here...
    You can email me at jillirobins@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete