"How Can You Have Too Many Children? That's Like Saying You Have Too Many Flowers" ~ Mother Teresa

A Peek Into Our Hectic, Crazy & Loving Family of Eleven

~♥~

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Yes, There are Three...

As I was thinking of writing this post, I was worried that alot of people would think I was complaining, being negative or bitchy even. I just want to get it out there, that that is NOT the case. I write this with humor and as I shake my head and walk away, there is always a smile on my face. Although my responses (in the grey) aren't always vocalized, I do think them and again, always with a smile on my face. I think of how it wasn't that long ago, that I was one of those people so enamoured with multiples. Now, I am on the other side of the fence. And it is FUN.

Here are some of the comments we've gotten when out. Hope you laugh like we did :)

**"Oh, twins?" "No, there are 3." WOW! 3!" "OMG, How do you do it?" Do we have a choice?

**"Boy, you sure have your hands full" Um, actually, overfull, I've only got 2 hands and 3 babies (not to mention the other 6 at home)


**"Triplets? Really? You have THREE? Haha, What a trip" Get it? TRIP?" Yeah, I get it, Haha


**"Triplets? Are they natural?" "Um, yeah, last I checked they looked pretty natural to me, not fake at all."


**So, are you done now?" How is that anyone's business but ours?


** Wow, you got yourselves a baseball/basketball/soccer team" Totally our goal. How did you know?


**"Are they identical? 1 boy and 2 girls?" Really? How do I respond to that BUT laugh?


**Were they planned?" How do you plan triplets? You don't.


** "Did you do IVF"? Again, not really your business, do I ask you if you have sex? Or how YOUR children were conceived? I don't think so. And if I did, shame on me.


**Wow, Thank God it's you and not me" My thoughts exactly.


**Nine? Why not go for the whole dozen"? Um, would you? Really?


**So, 2 boys and 7 girls? Seven GIRLS?? Poor Aaron (Your poor husband)". Ok. But let's all remember Biology class. The gender is his determination.


** You guys are gonna need a BUS". Yes, yes we are. Well, a van, but who are we kidding. Either way, It's large.


** You can't possibly be breastfeeding them". Actually, I am. Exclusively.


** You are amazing". Thank you :)


And, for the record, yes, my hands are full. Of love. And perfect babies. They are not identical (we don't think). They are all girls. The babies are "natural" . No IVF. We just got lucky. They were planned. In a sense. We were trying for one more boy. God had other plans. Gotta love his sense of humor. And 9 is more than enough. And Thank God it's me. THANK GOD.



6 comments:

  1. Thank God it is you too! You are amazing and I'm honored to know you! Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when people ask if they're all mine. No, I grab all the kids in the neighborhood to go grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayme..lol. I forgot that one. I get that too. I always think "Um, yeah, thats why they are with me". Duh. lol.

    Angela, Time? It might just be me and the babies. The toddlers have a playdate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have four kids and get the are you finished crap too... love the blog, and love that you are breastfeeding your babies.

    ReplyDelete