"How Can You Have Too Many Children? That's Like Saying You Have Too Many Flowers" ~ Mother Teresa

A Peek Into Our Hectic, Crazy & Loving Family of Eleven

~♥~

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Back To Knitting

So, given my new anxiety issues, I had to find something to relieve some stress without leaving the house (because when I leave, the babies just KNOW I'm not around and scream their bloody heads off for Daddy the whole.entire.time. I'm gone)


So, I'm knitting. Again. Boy, did I miss it. I'm doing longies (as usual) since that's the only thing I'm comfortable with right now. but I did just order some really really pretty new yarn that I may attempt a sweater with. I'm not yet sure if the fiber will work for a sweater, but I will find that out. Otherwise, it's back to the good ol' longies. Or maybe some hats. We'll see.


Here's what I finished yesterday, they took me about 3 weeks, give or take. I usually get a chance to work on them at night, on the good nights that the littles go to sleep nicely (which is NOT tonight, by the way)


This is Pair #1, for Li'l Miss Rosalie

4 comments:

  1. Those are great Nicole! You should see the amount of arts & crafts stuff I have at my house. I crochet, cross stitch, quilt, quill, and do digital art... all of it is there for the same reason you find yourself knitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, knitting is very good for relieving stress. I think because it's so slow and deliberate -- kind of like finger yoga! I used to get really annoyed that it would take me forever to finish anything but then a friend who teaches knitting told me that knitting is SUPPOSED to go slowly. That improved my attitude about it. BTW, I found your blog from Rants From Mommyland! -Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute!! What pattern did you use? I find crafting to be stress relieving as well. Knitting, crochet, sewing. Anything that takes my hands and only minimal thinking. Where I can sit and do and let my wander and work it's way through things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used the pattern by Woolywonder. Its super easy and the fit is perfect. www.woolywonder.com (I think, lol)

    ReplyDelete