"How Can You Have Too Many Children? That's Like Saying You Have Too Many Flowers" ~ Mother Teresa

A Peek Into Our Hectic, Crazy & Loving Family of Eleven

~♥~

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Quick Update.....

It's crazy around here. Obviously, since I haven't posted since February 25th. I do believe that is my longest lag yet. I'm just going to give ya'll a quick update because all 3 babies are asleep, at the same time, which is rare. Very rare.

Everyone is good. Pretty sure everyone is doing better than me, but that doesn't take much these days. I am exhausted. To the point of Aaron coming home most nights to me on the couch in tears. I'm actually quite impressed that he comes home at all most nights. Imagine his evening. Long day at work. Stressful, traffic filled drive home. Home is your haven? Yeah, not so much around here these days. He walks in to a trashed house, toddlers running and screaming (sometimes playing, most times not) babies crying and a wife sitting on the couch crying. Fun stuff right? Ok, so I do exaggerate a little. It's not most nights, although it feels like it is. It's just been 2 or 3 nights in the past month. But it's enough. Too much for my liking. I am not that person. I am not the person that can't handle things. But I feel like I've become one. And I do not like it one bit. So, I have a new plan. I start the day chanting. Singing actually.

Today's gonna be a good day
Today's gonna be a good good day
Today's gonna be a good day
Cuz I've got a feelin'...Whoo hoooooooo......

Yep, to the tune of Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night :) It works. The toddlers love it and the babies smile. Even though I can't sing...

All the girls are working on going to sleep all by themselves. It's a loooonnnggg sllllooowwww process. Which involves crying. Just a little but I hate it. We moved 2 cribs into our bedroom and got it all arranged so soon, very soon, me and the girls will be sleeping upstairs! Yay! Now, to convince Lilah that our bed is not hers. That may take some time.

All in all, things are going,....well....just going. Breastfeeding is awesome. No bottles at all now. All the other kids are good. I promised soccer pics, and I'll get some up, I just gotta get them off my sister's camera.

Oh, and Seattle? It went well. So well, in fact, we are headed to Sunriver at the end of the month for Spring Break. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. It is so honest. It always leaves me feeling that I am perfectly normal to have rough days!

    http://togetherparenting.blogspot.com/2010/03/help.html

    I also read that the world record for most children by one mum is 69.. something like 27 gestations, 17 sets of twins, lots of triplets, and even a set of quads....imagine being the father coming home to them of a night!!

    ReplyDelete